SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT AMERICA
1. Each of the colors on the America Flag is said to represent something: White: Purity and Innocence; Red: Hardiness and Valour; Blue: Vigilance, Perseverance and Justice.
2.The state of Ohio was the birthplace of 8 American presidents, more than any other state.
3. The state of Louisiana has almost 2500 islands!
4. The USA has a number of towns which have an official population of just 1! The towns are Hibberts Gore, Maine; Ervings, New Hampshire; Lost Springs, Wyoming; and New Amsterdam, Indiana.
5. Although English is the most commonly spoken language used in the U.S. and is the language used in government, the country has no official language.
6. Each year, around 24,000 Americans are bitten by rats!
7. According to some estimates, Americans are sitting on $30 billion worth of unredeemed gift cards.
8. The first U.S. capital was New York City.
9. Montana has three times as many cows as it does people.
10. Jimmy Carter was the first U.S. president to have been born in a hospital.
11. Today, 66 percent of all Americans are considered to be overweight.
12. The Founding Fathers actually signed the Declaration of Independence on August 2, 1776.
13. Every 4th of July the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia is tapped (not actually rung) thirteen times in honor of the original thirteen colonies.
14. Two U.S. presidents died on July 4th – Thomas Jefferson and John Adams.